Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Grandma, I have no hair

 Shad's hair began falling out last Friday.  We noticed that our furniture and pillows were beginning to look a bit "furry", and I quickly realized that it was Shad's hair.  Every time I rubbed his head I came away with a handful of hair.  He knew that his hair was going to fall out because of the chemo, and seemed to be ok with the idea.  On Sunday, we buzzed his head, hoping to make it easier to clean up, and to help the look of his hair as well.  He asked us to do it, and we complied.  He now has some bald patches, and some hairy patches.  He still has his eyebrows and eyelashes though (for now at least).
     Today when grandma took a picture of him he asked to see it so he could tell her if it was a good one.  After looking at the picture he exclaimed, "Grandma, I have no hair! Hmm, that's kind of weird."
I guess he didn't realize quite what he looked like.  He wasn't too upset by the fact though, so that is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment