Saturday, October 5, 2013

Star Wars Party

Shad woke up bright and early yesterday morning, rolled over to face me (daddy was on the ship, Shad was in my bed), and said, "I am so excited because today is my party!"  Unfortunately I had to tell him his party was not for one more day.

This morning he woke up bright and early, came in and said the same thing.  Lucky for him today really was the day.

I had scoured the internet (pinterest) for some fun ideas, and luckily there were a lot out there.  I began preparations Friday night by making a banner, and a Darth Vader for a game.  
Idea from Lemon Squeezy here
Idea from Lemon Squeezy here
Friday Shad and I filled the pinata, painted the lightsaber pinata hitting stick, finished the pool noodle light sabers, and cleaned up his toys downstairs.  Trevor and I blew up balloons last night, did the last bit of grocery shopping, and went to bed.

This morning we went to pick up the cake.  I found this group, cakes against cancer, and signed up to get a cake for Shad.  The volunteer, Melissa,  who made his cake did an amazing job, and he loved it!

We got home, finalized some things, and it was time for his party to start.  As kids got here, we played outside, then came in and played with balloons, and then played with some star wars masks I had printed out from star wars.com.

Then we played the shoot Darth Vader with silly string game in the backyard.  The dollar store silly string went quickly, but the kids seemed to love the idea anyway.




Next we pulled out the pool noodle lightsabers and went to town.  We hit balloons with them.  We hit Darth Vader with them.  We even hit each other with them (luckily there were no tears).


After the games we ate lunch, hotdogs, chips and pink jello salad.  After lunch we went out front to hit the pinata.  Shad was super excited for this part.  I made the stick with a wooden dowel and blue glitter paint.  It took two small containers of the paint to fully cover the stick, but Shad thought it was super cool, so I guess that made it worth it.






Then it was back inside for presents and cake and ice cream.  Shad got some fun dinosaur transformer type toys, Jake and the Neverland Pirate duplos, and a talking Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.









Finally, before everyone left we went back into the backyard to take a group picture in front of the banner.  Unfortunately, the wind took a toll on the banner, it fell down multiple times, the stars and letters kept falling off, and as you can see we lost an E somewhere.  Oh well, I tried.



Happy birthday sweet boy, we sure love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment